President and Chief Engagement Officer
Bob Kelleher is the President and Founder of The Employee Engagement Group and is an award-winning speaker and thought leader on employee engagement, workforce trends, and leadership. Regularly featured on national media, including appearances on CNBC, CBS Radio, and Fox Radio, Bob is also a frequent writer in many national publications, including Business Week, Fortune, HR Executive, NBC News, Incentive Magazine, CNET, The Boston Globe, and Training Magazine.
Bob is the author of the best seller Louder Than Words, 10 Practical Employee Engagement Steps…that Drive Results!, the critically acclaimed, Creativeship, An Employee Engagement and Leadership Fable, Employee Engagement for Dummies, and the recently released I-Engage, Your Personal Engagement Roadmap, quickly climbing the charts on both Amazon and Barnes and Noble.
An in-demand speaker, Bob is often asked to speak on employee engagement, workforce trends, and leadership. He has spoken at conferences throughout the world, and has presented to the leadership teams of some of world’s best companies. He is an organizational effectiveness expert and the creator of The Engagement Accelerator™, the world’s only assessment tool that looks at employee’s work preferences to drive engagement. Bob is also the designer of the the globe’s most popular (and certified) engagement/leadership workshop, Engage! – “Engaging Employees To Drive Results”.
Before becoming an author/speaker/consultant, Bob spent 25 years building award-winning engagement cultures, as the Chief Human Capital Officer for AECOM, now a 95,000-employee Fortune 200 professional services firm with hundreds of global officers, and as EVP and COO of ENSR, an international environmental consulting firm.
Bob has a BS degree from Salem State College, Salem, MA, and an MBA from Suffolk University, Boston, MA. He lives in Danvers, MA, with wife Candice, and is blessed with 3 terrific children, Marissa (and husband Drew), Brendan, and Connor. In his spare time Bob enjoys reading, photography, playing baseball, basketball, and golf, and often can be found kayaking the waters of New England.
Awards and Recognitions:
- Wrote the best-selling book, Louder Than Words, 10 Practical Employee Engagement Steps…That Drive Results, which was the top selling employee engagement book on Amazon in 2011.
- Wrote the acclaimed Creativeship, A Novel for Evolving Leaders
- Recruited by Wiley and Sons Publishers to write Employee Engagement for Dummies, and Customer Experience for Dummies
- Just released I-Engage, Your Personal Engagement Roadmap to rave reviews
- 6 Times Selected to be a Speaker at SHRM’s National Conference, routinely receiving top speaker evaluation status
- Appeared as workplace expert on CNBC, Fox Radio, CBS Radio, BusinessWeek, Fortune, Cnet
- Created the most watched YouTube video on employee engagement, “Who’s Sinking your Boat?”
- Received the John Erdlen “5 Star” Award – awarded the Northeast Human Resources Association’s (NEHRA) most prestigious annual individual award for “efforts to advance the Human Resources Profession” by “increasing and sustaining high levels of employee engagement to drive improved business results”.
- Received the AECOM Excellence Award – selected to receive, on behalf of ENSR, AECOM’s top Excellence Award for Internal Business Best Practice for spearheading ENSR’s “Employee Engagement” culture
- Received the ENSR’s President’s Award – awarded ENSR’s top Recognition Award for success in leading ENSR’s Integration Team into AECOM
- Received the ENSR’s “Employee of the Year” – awarded ENSR’s Employee of the Year by ENSR’s Global Human Resources Department for Leadership
- Received the Beasely Leadership Award– awarded Wingate Partners’ (ENSR’s owner) top individual leadership award for “Extraordinary Leadership”