Coaching for Engagement
Coaching employees to become more successful has double the impact – the employee being coached grows and develops and so does the coach. It’s absolutely a win-win proposition. This workshop is designed to teach and reinforce basic coaching techniques as part of an overall coaching process. It includes tools that help new coaches increase success rates and support the people they are coaching.
Length: 4 – 8 hours
Venue: Classroom or Webinar
What you get: This package of workshop material includes Microsoft Office files that include:
- Coaching for Engagement slide show – the slide show introduces and covers the fundamentals of coaching before diving into more complex issues, models, and techniques. Through practical information and experiential learning, the participants experience the coaching process. Facilitator notes provide guidance to the trainer. Click for samples of slides and notes
- Coaching Quick Guide – this quick guide is designed to help participants keep the coaching techniques fresh after leaving the workshop and in practice. Click for a sample
- Coaching Self Assessment Tools – the workshop includes two self assessment tools to help determine areas in which the participants can improve. One tool provides the participants the opportunity to rate him or herself on key coaching skills. The second tool uses the same skills but requires the participants to do a forced ranking. Click for a sample
- Learning and Development Strategies – the topic of learning and development will come up in any coaching relationship. The person being coached will often ask about taking classes and going to workshops. This tool offers participants additional options beyond traditional training for developing their skills. Click for a sample
- Feedback SBI Model Exercise – a key benefit of participating in a coaching workshop is learning structured techniques for key components of coaching. The SBI model for providing feedback is an easy-to-remember process that can be implemented quickly and consistently. Click to see the exercise
- GROW Model Practice Worksheet – learning the GROW coaching model goes more quickly through the practice worksheet. It can be used as pre-work for a training module or as homework following a coaching workshop.
- Coaching Development Plan – the Coaching Development Plan is a form for identifying your own coaching strengths and challenges, and making plans to address your needs. It is designed as a self-directed exercise that participants share with their managers for support.